FINANCE MANAGER POST : The RC Diocese of Argyll and the Isles is looking to recruit a Finance Manager.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a positive attitude and a real passion for the charity sector.
Applicants should hold a relevant Accountancy Qualification and be able to demonstrate their experience of working within a similar financial role. This post can be a combination of remote and office working as necessary, therefore it would not be essential to live locally.
This is a 14-hours / 2-days per week post, for a salary of £16 per hour. There will be a requirement to attend quarterly Finance Board and other National Finance Meetings, either at the Diocesan Office in Oban, or online.
Applicants must be willing to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its ethos.
Some of the key duties will include:
- Ensure the Diocese meets its obligation in relation to the filing of Annual Accounts, Tax Returns, and the submission of our Annual Return to OSCR (the Charity Regulator in Scotland).
- Oversee the preparation of Gift Aid claims to HMRC.
- Ensure sound systems of financial control throughout the Diocese.
- Provide advice and guidance to Trustees on all relevant governance and compliance issues.
- Identify and improve fundraising initiatives for the Diocese.
- Maintain effective liaison with parishes and their Finance Committees.
This is a rewarding opportunity to become a key member of the Diocesan Team. If you are interested in applying please click on the links here to download an Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification. If you would like further information, please contact Canon Roddy Johnston, Vicar General on 01855 811203 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 23rd November 2020.a